"Art built this city."
Creatives' Day is a community support group for Creatives in Nashville, TN and surrounding counties.
Creatives' Day is a 501c3 fiscally sponsored organization through the Arts and Business Council of Greater Nashville. We provide community and economic support to artists, poets, storytellers, makers, and musicians living and working in Nashville, TN and surrounding counties.
What makes Creatives Day unique?
- We provide community development support to Creatives living and working in Nashville and surrounding counties.
- We are a fiscally sponsored 501c3 organization via the Arts and Business Council of Greater Nashville.
- We provide funding and entrepreneurship resources to Creatives in Tennessee through our exclusive partnership with the United States Small Business Association (SBA).
- Creatives' Day members receive access to Checking accounts via Fifth Third Bank without the hassle of having to deal with overdraft fees or maintenance fees.
2017 Schedule of Events
creatives' day celebration
oct 21, 2017
DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Creatives' Day is Tennessee's largest celebration for Creatives' and organizations that support Tennessee's Creative Economy! The celebration is a free, family-friendly event on the third Saturday in October each year. The celebration is hosted by the Creatives' Day Organization of Nashville, TN. In 2017 we celebrated our 2nd annual Creatives’ Day in partnership with Downtown Nashville Public Library on Saturday, October 21st.
Creatives' Mixer #2 Hosted by 2L's On A Cloud
Apr 15, 2017, at WKND HANG SUITE
Workshop #2: Business Plan Writing for Creatives
Apr 15, 2017, at Watkins College of Art, Design & FILM
Creatives' Mixer #1 Hosted by 2L's On A Cloud
Jan 14, 2017, at WKND HANG SUITE
Workshop #1: Discussion on Affordable Housing Resources for Creatives, Free Legal Services, and Available Funding Resources
Jan 14, 2017, at The Housing Fund
Creative's Day Celebration
Thank you to everyone that participated in #CreativesDayNashville on Saturday, October 22nd, 2016! The day was filled with inspiring conversation. Makers and creatives from various industries in film, music, visual art, and photography all came together for one day to collaborate, network, and problem-solve together around the challenges impacting Nashville's creative community.
Mayor Megan Barry's office kicked off Creatives' Day with an inspiring proclamation at Fisk University's historic Carl Van Vechten Gallery, which was followed by deep dialogue around the challenges impacting Nashville's creative community. Concerns expressed by those in attendance included:
- Housing resources for creatives
- Business plan writing for creatives
- The need for economic self-sufficiency within Nashville's creative community
- An online directory of resources for creatives
Creatives' Day was capped off with an amazing networking mixer that set the stage for Nashville's creative community to gather and inspire the next set of ideas that will change the world. There was a strong desire from participants to keep the positive conversations going that came out of Creatives' Day in 2016.